The Little Refugee activities compiled in an easy to print booklet.
This booklet is designed to support and compliment a literacy program about refugees or a 'Little Refugee' book study. Great to use on Harmony Day. Students will complete activities in the booklet that are based upon the quality text 'The Little Refugee' written by Anh Do and Suzanne Do.
This is an inspirational story based on Anh Do and his family’s experiences including their incredible escape from war-torn Vietnam. The story also explores his childhood in Australia. Although sophisticated content, this story is written especially for children.
Download this teaching resource and students will complete 8 quality activities including;
- Adjective brainstorm - How do the refugees feel?
- Explanation of refugee feelings
- Discussion table - analysing the illustrations in the book
- Defining the term refugee and plotting the journey from the story
- Refugees from Vietnam research questions
- Symmetry drawing of a boat
- Flag study
- 'Hope' colouring page
- Download 16
- File Size 11.77 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date March 4, 2021
- Last Updated March 4, 2021