This activity can be used on a regular basis to enhance learning during home reading.
Simply choose one or more activities from the Home Reading Activity Grid and record on the Reading Activity Log. The activities are based on essential strategies that your child needs to develop to become a proficient reader. Remember if you are doing a predicting activity, complete it before your child reads the book.
The reading strategies that the booklet focuses on are predicting, connecting, questioning, visualising, comprehending and summarising.
This booklet includes;
- Home reading grid with 18 activities that can be repeated for different books
- Home Reading Activity Log
- 12 matching worksheets that correspond with activities in the Home Reading Grid
A great resource to give parents and their children for homework!
- Download 58
- File Size 3.19 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date April 25, 2020
- Last Updated January 28, 2021